Monday, July 04, 2005

 

30 hours, 3 flights, 3 countries, 1 missing suitcase... 1 NEW DECKIE!

Well, we're home.

We left Copenhagen (the last stop in our European adventure) very early on the 3rd of July, time traveled over the Atlantic, and went to bed at the same time that we got up the day before. With the time changes, that made for 30 long hours of being awake and being fed poorly.

Now, it's the 4th of July, and we're celebrating by eating the few things that are still in our house, and sleeping a lot.

The good news is: I discovered that all the email posts that I sent to the site can be recovered! So look for retro-posts coming across the site over the next few weeks. That should be fun, I hope.

In the meantime: I've got a new deckie. As we were driving home from Detroit Metro last night at 2 a.m., local time, I popped in an old CD mix, and rediscovered the Beta Band's "Dry the Rain" from the High Fidelity soundtrack. It moved us, like magic, all the way home. Brilliant progression, cool sing-along vocals, and a great "driving rhythm." It kept me driving, anyway. And thanks to its efforts in keeping me propped up and in the right lane (whilst being very, very tired) it truly fits the definition of deckie.

Thanks, Beta Band.

And Thanks, Dear Reader, for tuning in while I was gone! Hope you enjoy the updates!

AND HAPPY FOURTH!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home