Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

AC1: July 19th: Ike Reilley Association: I Don't Want What You Got (Goin' On)



First off, you knows I don't like the cussing. So here's the parental warning: Ike drops two S-bombs in this tune. Fair play, all.

Now, lets get to the music...

Holy Cow, what a great song! I want to say its reminiscent of some rollicking hit from the early 90's, but I don't think it is. I think it's got a pretty original go to it. The closest I come to getting a comparison is to dredge up "Connected" by the Stereo MCs... And that's not fair, is it? That's either one of the best songs ever made, or one of the worst (I STILL haven't decided), but either comparison isn't quite nice to Ike & Co.

But regardless, a slick git riff, a hot trap rhythm, and skanking organ, it's Southern Fried to a delicous Summer crisp. Mmmm.

This song is the one that you can take out on the road to cruise to (something I once did with "Connected"....), and when you pull up to the pimped-out Escalade droppin' some dope Fiddy, you can turn the volume up on your ride, and not feel embarrassed. It's THAT good! ;-)

G'head: Assail...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home