Friday, July 22, 2005

 

AC1: July 22nd: An Angle: Green Water



Allrighty, children, Uncle Coolkid is going out on a limb for this one. Mainly, because he has no idea what "Green Water" is. As a warning, though, Uncle Coolkid urges responsibility when consuming any controlled subsance, and takes no responsibility for improper use of any water by the one or two people that read this site.

That said, let's get into the tune!

I think at first, I was drawn to this song for its low-rent quality. It honestly sounded a lot like something my band in High School would have come up with. It would have taken us months to compose the horn melody for the chorus, but I think it's something we would have tried. Long live Chipburger!

Upon second and third listenings, I found myself drawn to the goofiness of the lyrics. They're honest and self-referential, though I wasn't fond of the habitual stretching of two-syllable words over three syllables, three-syllable to four. I was still keen on the simplicity, though. Nice...Refreshing... Like Coke Zero...

So, yeah....

Then, after I had been away from the tune for a few days, I realized that the song had actually infected me! No lie. I woke up on Sunday morning with the "Bup Bup Bup Bah Da-Ba Ba-dah Ba-da Ba-Da Duh" of the horns in my head. And I whistled it in the shower. And then I hummed it through my bagel breakfast. But interestingly, I couldn't place the name of the song, the artist, or any of the lyrics. Just the horns!

I got in the car later in the day, and luckily, it was the first thing to play. And I smiled, liking all of the idiosyncrasies that had plagued me before! Now, I sing along. And you should, too.

And if you know anything about the band, or why the water's green, please... All Assail!

Comments:
hey, whats the song for the Bup Bup Bup Bah Da-Ba Ba-dah Ba-da Ba-Da Duh? ive been trying to find it for ages!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home