Friday, March 16, 2007

 

1 Day Left! FInd 'Em FIrst!!!

I pledge allegiance to Circuit City.

I have been bitten by too many incompetent Best Buy employees over the years that I almost always head to the red building over the blue. [Most notably, after reading in Newsweek that Best Buy was going to be an outlet for the original iMacs, I went into the store in Flint, Michigan, and asked to see them. The "manager" of the computers area told me that Apple filed for bankruptcy a month earlier and was going out of business unless Acer bought them. ?!?!?!?]

But, invariably, I am sometimes the lucky recipient of a Best Buy gift card. I would never look a gift card in the mouth, so I'm willing to step in that store, avoid talking to the employees, and buy something that I really want.

Last winter, though, I didn't want to just rush in and buy a GameBoy game I'll never play, or some over-hyped CD that I feel obligated to grab. In an effort to avoid those situations, I kept waiting and watching the sales. Then, through my own indecision and inactivity, I luckily discovered Best Buy's Find 'em First week. This is a one-week promotion where they have all sorts of cutting edge CDs on sale for 7.99. Sometimes, there's even a gem available for 6.99.

That's good gettin' right there.

The first time I went in there with a $50 card and walked out with The Streets, Cat Power, Motion City Soundtrack, Kaiser Chiefs, and two others that I can't remember right now.

Yesterday, I hopped on in and grabbed: Aqualung, Amy Winehouse, Alfred Hammond, Jr., The Good, The Bad, and the Queen, and The Fratellis...

Walking out with that much music from one purchase makes me feel slightly hedonistic. Not too much, but just enough to be able to enjoy the overkill of the moment. It's great, and it's the only reason for me to seek out the yellow tags of the Double B.

Go check out the sale www.bestbuy.com, and then go buy some, and then come back here and assail!

And note: If I didn't have gift cards, I'd go to Circuit City and have them PriceMatchPlus the heck out of the sale, and get the CDs even cheaper! Ha!

And note again: If the CDs aren't what I hoped, I can always get my money back by putting them on half.com!

And note again again: If you think I bought a CD that you think I won't enjoy, please go see if I'm listing it on half.com! I'm "durandkid" over there.

Okay, peeps. All assail!

Comments:
Hey,
I know this doesnt really pertain to this blog entry but.. you should check out Coconut Records (Jason Schwartzman); I think the only place you can buy this is on iTunes though (so no steals at CC or BB for this album).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home