Friday, May 18, 2007

 

How to stick your neck out....

Wow,
that was weird.

If I were a little more psychically oriented, I would really have thought that my last post did something to upset the balance of the universe. Never before have I worked so hard on a cohesive post, just to have forces beyond my control completely mete its impact. Herewith: an update on last week's post...

1) Drive is canceled. I guess that settles that argument... The show had so much promise. In a weird only-on-Fox twist, they are still airing the last two filmed episodes: On July 4th. And on the website (www.fox.com/drive), they're making it look like a special event, not like the death knell it truly is. How weird. My official recommendation is to still go out and try to find eps on bittorrent or something. They's still real good. And as Entertainment Weekly said, Nathan Fillion "So deserves to be a star." I know we can't make a huge difference in that respect, but we can try to help his Q-rating...

2) Lost has an ending!!! The producers and the network reached a deal where Lost will go 'head for 2.5 more seasons, to end in 2010. This is great news for fans. It means that 1) we don't have to worry about them trying to stretch the idea thinner and thinner, and 2) they have a LOT of time to make it end really, really well. I guess there's a 3) too. We get to keep them around for 2.5 more seasons! This means that its kinda ratings-proof. No Alias-type abrupt denouement. Nice. Plus, there is the chance that more people will enter into a pact with a show that has an actual chance of delivering on the big promises. It could be win-win-win-win-win!

3) SCRUBS IS SAVED!!! Holy crap, this was last minute! A 7th season has been greenlit for this amazingly funny, amazingly low-rated sitcom. I mean, Arrested Development in its last season did better than this one did this year. That's nuts.
96th in overall ratings. But hey, I ain't complaining. This show makes me laugh like no other. I don't know if it's the funniest of all, but I reserve a special kind of enjoyment for this show, and I'm over the moon about having them around for another year. But in terms of the "did they or didn't they" season ending, please let it be didn't. Seriously, the "did" just wouldn't make sense.

4) Gilmore Girls ended on a really nice note. If future generations watch the show from beginning to end, it will feel a little abrupt to have it ended this way, but I still don't think it will be a total disappointment. This is a total aside: but keep your eyes peeled for the Stars Hollow set to show up again somewhere else. I noticed it in an old episode of The Ben Stiller Show, so it's in a WB back lot somewhere. I don't think it'll be mothballed any time soon.

Aaight, that's it for now.

Please share your comments: assailing or otherwise. If anyone wants to comment on their shows that ended for good (King of Queens, Girlfriends? Anyone?) or just commenting on how the season finished, this is your moment! All assail!

Comments:
I am glad you mentioned Scrubs! I haven't watched this season much, but someone said something about SERIES FINALE! So I tuned in for the last two episodes, and I was a little lost considering I heard Series Finale, thank goodness you cleared this up for me. I will be watching season 7 for sure. :)
 
My pleasure! Let's hope 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 follow!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home